Friday, November 2, 2012

Dark - Round The Edges 1972




Love this album alot because it's so different from the usal brand of UK Hardrock , Power Blues or Heavy rock which is either totally mindblowing and HEAVY like say Zeppelin, Tull or Sabbath or mediocre and bland like the stuff flooding the wastoid blogs in blogisphere. This album is kind of like progressive westcoast style 1960's garage rock ( which is a good thing in itself) but the band isn't  content with that, they incorporate monster FuzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzz of otherworldly proportions into their songs. The songs start of as  mellow warm sounding cleartone garage flavoured progressive songs, until the guitarist stomps on his fuzz pedal  and a nuclear explosion of fuzz and heavy psychedelic monster heaviness takes command.. It's so original and yet so effective that it's kind of like  a trademark for Dark. This album is a well honed and well rehearsed piece of premium quality heavy psychedelic rock with exellent musicianship equaling the big names like Zep, Sabs or Tull yet much more psychedelic. Everyone knows the big bucks collector jive so I will spare you that. This album will blow you away and the light and HEAVY approach is great. Enjoy it as much as I do. Rock on folks!


Download from:



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic album. I love this kind of FUZZZZZ guitar sound with some killer riffs. The opening of the album was enough for me to know it's a welcome addition in my Prog/Psych collection.
    I only recently found out about this band and I can feel it's gonna be one that is going to stay with me for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bom dia
    Se alguém tiver este álbum para venda, favor me avisem
    Raphael

    ReplyDelete